ld.so package

Per Lidén per at fukt.hk-r.se
Tue Jan 16 13:45:42 PST 2001

You are right, the ld.so package (which contains ldd and ldconfig) is not
needed since the same utilities are included in the glibc package.
However, this package should not be confused with the ld-2.x.x.so library,
which is the dynamic linker (also included in glibc). This library is
vital if you want to run dynamically linked binaries.

/pli