leaving Linux

Jeffery McLean jeffery at meowpawjects.com
Tue Jan 16 21:24:33 PST 2001

On Tuesday 16 January 2001 08:16 am, Shlok Smári Datye wrote:
> Well, I'm not leaving Linux in the moment.
> You say Tan Siong Hua is a troll. Well, instead of that, could you please
> give some reasons? (Though I know LFSdiscuss isn't the right place for
> that).

Basicly Linux isn't the end all and everyone knows this...
after three years of using Linux anyone would know there are MANY
operating systems out there...

If he sereously found Windows to be so great why did he bother
with Linux to start with?

http://www.indexos.com/

It's an effort to confuse those who are new.. frighten them back to Windows..
"Give up now or face three years of fighting with Linux"

While he never said he was fighting with LFS for three years
by posting the comment here you might get that idea...
But thats actually imposable becouse LFS isn't 3 years old...

You are right... The Gimp isn't Photoshop...
But the Gimp isn't Linux and Photoshop isn't Windows...

So if you want a given commertal title tell the company that
makes it to make it for Linux...

If you can name the features of photoshop you want to see in Gimp
then tell the people who make Gimp...

I usually use xpaint myself and then use Gimp to polish up...
--
My Brainbench Certificates [My tech skills]
http://www.brainbench.com/transcript.jsp?pid=2056366

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org