leaving Linux - Crashes

Jeffery McLean jeffery at meowpawjects.com
Tue Jan 16 21:40:32 PST 2001

On Tuesday 16 January 2001 01:07 pm, Tijmen Stam wrote:

> > Tobias Phylosophias wrote:
> > What do you mean by crash ?
> >
> > I have used linux, and only linux, since 1996 and it never crash.
> > Sometimes applications crash, like netscape, or even X when using wine
> > couple of years ago, do you consider this as a linux crash ?
>
> My definition of a crash is a sitiation in with it is impossible to do
> anything useful with the computer exept for practicing your drum lessons on
> the ctr, alt and delete button, i.e. it *needs* a reboot.

I've used Linux for three years myself and had the occasional crash,
lock up.. what have you...
I've also used Windows occasionally.. just to poke around... I'd use
it for a week.. it would crash occasionally.. eventually die horrably..
and I'd flush it...

Admittedly it's user error.. I'm really just that kinda guy who likes
to push things to the limit....
I make mistakes.. I learn.. I grow.. I don't make the mistake again..

Thats why I'm on this list :) I've tried to install LFS sevral times and
due to user error or time I have failed to do it...

But if I ever leave Linux it won't be to use Windows...
--
My Brainbench Certificates [My tech skills]
http://www.brainbench.com/transcript.jsp?pid=2056366

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org