/dev/null under devfs (was Re: perl problem)

Hendrik Volker Brunn hvb at gmx.net
Tue Jan 16 22:30:57 PST 2001

On Tue, Jan 16, 2001 at 06:02:21PM -0500, Simon Perreault wrote:

> No, I have had only good experiences. But don't forget my point: installing
> devfs on a non-devfs-enabled distro only to delete it after lfs is done is
> POINTLESS.

Please, all this here is about doing as one likes. Take it as improving
your kernel compile skills.

Further repetitions of the word "pointless" won't keep us from doing as
we like. Got that?

Hendrik

--
"And I'm right. I'm always right, but in this case I'm just a bit more
right than I usually am" -- Linus Torvald, Sunday Aug 27, 2000.

## Linux 2.4.0 running on an i586 ##

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org