Stuck on step number one

Andy Goth andy at chainsaw.grimnok.com
Tue Jan 16 23:28:22 PST 2001

On Wednesday, January 17, 2001 01:50, Carol Spears wrote:
> Andy Goth wrote:
> > So what's your problem situation?  What's your current partitioning
> >  >scheme, and what do you want it to be?  Post the output of fdisk
> > -l if you wish.  That's always a big help.
>
> Disk /dev/hda: 128 heads, 63 sectors, 622 cylinders
> Units = cylinders of 8064 * 512 bytes
>
>    Device Boot    Start       End    Blocks   Id  System
> /dev/hda1             1        17     68512+  82  Linux swap
> /dev/hda2   *        18       622   2439360   83  Linux
>
> I appreciate the help.

Want to shrink /dev/hda2 and follow it with a /dev/hda3 for LFS?  Easy.  Lemme get the files ready on my FTP site...

ftp://un.dynodns.net/disk_images/

Get all the files, and use the make_image.sh script to "burn" 'em.  Note that this script assumes that your floppy disk can be accessed via /dev/fd0.

Urgh!  Bad Windows 98 boot disk... I'll try a Windows 95 disk.  Success!  I'll stop my mp3 downloads for you.
--
Andy Goth  |  unununium at openverse.org  |  uin: 35256413  |  aim: Un111

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org