Stuck on step number one

Carol Spears cspears at cablespeed.com
Wed Jan 17 00:22:17 PST 2001

> Want to shrink /dev/hda2 and follow it with a /dev/hda3 for LFS?  Easy.  Lemme get the files ready on my FTP site...

Sounds like fun!  I've got a cable modem (only 2 weeks old).

Here's where I sound like the luser that I am.  The floppy is in /mnt.
And I might have screwed my LILO up, we are still using a boot disk.

I just ran a search on freshmeat.  They had an "n-parted" which is a
front end for GNU part. I was going to GNU part when your mail came.

> ftp://un.dynodns.net/disk_images/
>
> Get all the files, and use the make_image.sh script to "burn" 'em.  Note that this script assumes that your floppy disk can be accessed via /dev/fd0.

Here's where I sound like the luser that I am.  The floppy is in /mnt.
And I might have screwed my LILO up, we are still using a boot disk.

> Urgh!  Bad Windows 98 boot disk... I'll try a Windows 95 disk.  Success!  I'll stop my mp3 downloads for you.

Well, sorry you are still using windows.  I got mad at the flapping
folders floating from the earth to the folder.  What were you
downloading?

Feel free to treat me like an idiot.  What appealed to me about LFS was
the cookbook style.