make: *** [install.perl] Segmentation fault

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Jan 17 12:06:58 PST 2001

On January 17, 2001 01:03 am, Jesse Tie Ten Quee wrote:
> Yo,
>
> On Tue, Jan 16, 2001 at 11:30:42PM -0600, Andy Goth wrote:
> > You can easily lose LFS by su'ing to root, closing that su session
> > momentarily, and then coming back without remembering to set LFS again.
> > Perhaps the book should recommend typing
>
> Please read this...
>
> http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/view/intel-2.4.3/chapter02.html#CH02-ABOUTL
>FS
>
> <quote>
> $LFS must at all times be replaced
> by the directory where the partition that contains the LFS system is
> mounted.
> </quote>

Hey, even I forget it sometimes if I don't put it in my bash_profile.
especially when I su in and out of root's account all the time I don't always
check to see if $LFS is set (i've taken it for granted and just assume it's
set so I had better make sure i keep it /root/.bash_profile) ;)

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org