(static) Bash and 2.4.0 + errmsg

Tijmen Stam tijmen at stamadvies.nl
Wed Jan 17 12:42:00 PST 2001

Gerard Beekmans wrote:

> > > error:
> > *** start make output ***
>
> Which Glibc are you using to compile that static bash ?

Eehm... is "libc-2.1.1' (without g) among the possible answers?

and if not, how do I find out?

also see my earlyer qustion:

What is the difference and relation between gcc, egcs, glibc and libc5???

I mean (ggc -v == egcs -v) (the text output, not the version numbers) and
for the new kernel, you should download a new gcc, filename
either "egcs-1.1.2-glibc.x68.tbz2" or "egcs-1.1.2-libc5.x86.tbz2" (or do
ya need'em both???)

Tijmen

> --
> Gerard Beekmans
> www.linuxfromscratch.org

> --

>From Tijmen Stam - "I believe in Linux" - tijmen at stamadvies.nl
POVray page http://members.tripod.lycos.nl/somepage/ Updated Dec 10,2000
count linux @ counter.li.org reg#178552, Machine#78930 & #78931

Everyone calling himself a linux master should have completely read the Bash
man page and all kernel documentation, as a test to prove himself and to free
some bandwith on comp.os.linux.* ( Honestly, I haven't done this all yet )-: