One-Partition-Hint

Matthias Benkmann mbenkmann at gmx.de
Wed Jan 17 13:28:38 PST 2001

> Hello, Dudes!
>
> I read the wishlist. For I did install LFS using only 1 partition, I
> thought it would be a neat idea to write this stuff down. Just the last
> part of it isn't ready yet. I'd be glad to recieve help, but anyway,
> I'll try this stuff this weekend...

I've taken a quick look and it seems that your instructions require
deleting the whole source distro. I don't think that's what is desired. If
you have the time, could you explore booting the /tmp/lfs.disk directly
using the kernel's initrd feature without destroying the source distro.

MSB

----
Where...the ENIAC is equipped with 18000 vacuum tubes and weighs 30 tons,
computers in the future may have 1000 vacuum tubes and perhaps weigh just
1-1/2 tons.

Popular Mechanics, March 1949, p.258

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org