Advertising for LFS

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Jan 17 14:55:38 PST 2001

> From a community standpoint, BSD and every BSD style license is
> DANGEROUS.  Allow me to reitterate.  In five years, the Open Source

It also depends on the type of thing carrying the BSD license. You may or may
not have noticed but the LFS-Book is BSD licensed. But yes it's a book, not
software so there's no danger in it ending up in closed source (though closed
source systems may be inspired by the book, but that's something you can't
stop anyways since others can think up LFS-Book type things easily. It's just
getting the packages in the right order).

the message

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org