ld.so package

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Jan 17 16:13:09 PST 2001

On January 17, 2001 07:05 pm, Jesse McCrosky wrote:
> I have taken the ld.so package completely out of the - soon to be
> released - ppc version of the lfs book.  The only thing I have included
> in its place is a ldconfig source, stuck into the glibc tree.  In the
> current lfs book the ldconfig binary, which is necessary unless you like
> manually creating dynamic link config files, was the ld.so package.
> Other than that, I don't know why it was included.

In those old days of glibc-2.0 ldd and ldconfig that came with that glibc
version weren't great apps/bash scripts. glibc-2.1 improved them more,
glibc-2.2 even more so i plan to remove ld.so in LFS-3.0 when glibc-2.2 is
introduced (or actually glibc-2.2.1 which is current right now)

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org