leaving Linux (other point comes in mind)

Jeffery McLean jeffery at meowpawjects.com
Wed Jan 17 20:44:48 PST 2001

On Wednesday 17 January 2001 01:58 pm, Shlok Smari Datye wrote:
> Hi
>
> ok, I'm sorry. About 1 year then :)
>
> But I noticed this:
> Win2k is much faster than Gnome or KDE2. Some say that Win sacrifices speed
> for stability. But I also noticed that my Win2k hasn't crashed while I've
> used it.

Gnome and KDE2 have a lot of features that havn't been flushed out yet...
So that slows them down... if speed is an issue use a lighter weight
window manager... like Window Maker or FVWM

Windows 9x has been tested and proven to be faster as well
and I have noticed speed issues under KDE and Gnome
that I don't have with Window maker and Win 9x...

> And clearly thinking, why would well-paid Microsoft programmers make very
> bad software?

It's what managment wants....

Well-paid != Good...   Microsoft normally pays employees really really well..

There are a set of programming rules you need to folow if you ever
hope to turn out good quality code and Microsoft violates most of them
in the Windows design and in the corprate culture...

Good software starts with good managment...
With good managment crack moneys can turn out good code..
with no managment good programmers can turn out great code
with bad managment god couldn't get hello.c to compile...
--
My Brainbench Certificates [My tech skills]
http://www.brainbench.com/transcript.jsp?pid=2056366

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org