Open and closed source...

zach_hartley at ci866887-a.nash1.tn.home.com zach_hartley at ci866887-a.nash1.tn.home.com
Wed Jan 17 20:53:45 PST 2001

Something else everyone keeps forgetting (or hasn't addressed) is that
the GPL license is viral. It doesn't play with other licenses. In fact,
it forces itself upon others. Anything that uses something GPLed is forced
to GPLed, which limits what people can do and causes people to have to worry
about licensing more than using their damn computers. Personally, I find the
GPL to be the product of a rabid, totalitarian group of people while the BSD
license is more a product of sane, rational people. That's just me though ;)

Zach