leaving Linux

Jesse Tie Ten Quee highos at highos.com
Wed Jan 17 21:21:43 PST 2001

Yo,

On Wed, Jan 17, 2001 at 11:02:28PM +0100, Tijmen Stam wrote:
> I agree with you on it that gates has done things that if he hadn't done them,
> there still would only be a world market for 5 computers... It's just the late
> +-6 years and especially with windows he built everything with a mind "what can
> it do, and how do we cover it up so people won't tamper with it?" instead of
> "what do most people want and how do I keep those springs from snapping and
> hurting peoples backs?". That's not only linux, that's just why there is a
> recession going on on the net, to much poeple thought that if they releived all
> those technic availabilities people would come and use them. But the reason
> most people watch TV on their TV instead of their PC, the *main* reason for
> that, is most PCs don't have a  remote control. Not *possible* but *comfort* or
> *usability* is THE keyword... And Linux combines high usasability with a high
> "possibility", but comfort is back a little...

I don't understand how so many people can just hate Bill Gates, is
everyone just jealous? i wonder how many people know what the contract
was between M$<->IBM, if my Dad did what he did, damn, i would thx him
alot ;)

Btw, Hauppauge WinTV, they are dirt cheap, can come with a FM Tuner
also, remove control, works great ;)

> Everyone calling himself a linux master should have completely read the Bash
> man page and all kernel documentation, as a test to prove himself and to free
> some bandwith on comp.os.linux.* ( Honestly, I haven't done this all yet )-:

They should do more then that... :)

-

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org