/dev/null under devfs (was Re: perl problem)

Hendrik Volker Brunn hvb at gmx.net
Wed Jan 17 21:48:54 PST 2001

On Wed, Jan 17, 2001 at 07:19:03PM -0500, Simon Perreault wrote:

> Yes, I got that. I don't want to prevent you from doing anything. Don't get
> me wrong here. It's just that you always told me that it was somehow better
> to install devfs than to copy the devices. I simply argued that it was

I never meant it was better, I only said I'm doing it.

> Got that? (I tried to be as arrogant as you were with that "Got that?" I
> wouldn't have said that normally. I don't like fighting, let's not fight.)

Yeah. I got that. No fighting. But I don't really like, if somebody
calls the things I do pointless. Especially if I have good reasons for
doing so.

But now I'll stop about this as further arguing is indeed pointless. 8-)

Hendrik

--
An optimist say the glass is half full.
A pessimist says the glass half empty.