Open and closed source...

Jeffery McLean jeffery at meowpawjects.com
Wed Jan 17 21:49:55 PST 2001

Your right on the viral nature of the GPL however the limitations are on
the programmer who adds code not on the end user...
Also the GPL only grants rights taken away by copyright
BSD grants more rights than GPL and dosn't offer restrictions to those
rights...

There are reasons behind the GPL but if you don't agree with them
the use BSD liccens...

For me however I only liccense my software to premote "Free software"
in the "rabbid totalitarian" way the GPL dose it...
[My current project (ZenToe) is public domain]

--
My Brainbench Certificates [My tech skills]
http://www.brainbench.com/transcript.jsp?pid=2056366

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org