How to organize sources

Jesse Tie Ten Quee highos at highos.com
Thu Jan 18 06:36:20 PST 2001

Yo,

On Thu, Jan 18, 2001 at 09:28:15AM -0500, Jesse Tie Ten Quee wrote:
> A small cron job can fix that.. if you have all your tarballs sorted in
> directories, just let the cron job delete your A-Z/0-9 directories and
> search for all the tarballs under the sorted and make symbolic links to
> recreate them.

uhh, let me rephare that.

Create a small cron job, considering that under /usr/src/tarballs/ you
have your sorted packages like KDE2, X, apache, etc and you have
/usr/src/sorted/ where you have directories 0-9/A-Z.

I would keep all my tarballs sorted under /usr/src/tarballs/ (under the
appropriate directory) then with a cron job, delete all the links under
/usr/src/sorted/ and recreate them, searching under /usr/src/tarballs/
for all tarballs and creating a symbolic link, taa-da!

Hope that makes more sense....

-

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org