leaving Linux

Jesse Tie Ten Quee highos at highos.com
Thu Jan 18 07:45:47 PST 2001

Yo,

On Thu, Jan 18, 2001 at 04:56:27PM +0100, Fabio Fracassi wrote:
> Well, I could give you a few reasons why I don't (It takes some more to make
> me hate somebody) like Bill Gates.

Microsoft != Bill Gates, sure he started the ompany and he is the #1
man, when it all comes down do it, but how can you blame Gates for
everything Mircosoft did? (or is and are doing :)

> There are some things that jump immediately spring to my mind,
> for example the Contracts ("Knebelvertraege") he did with hardware
> distributors, that said If you distribute other software with your PC's you
> may not sell M$ anymore, and thus  unfairly subduing competition.

Don't get me wrong, i don't like M$ all that much either, but from a
stand point, Bill Gates is a genious, and i don't hate him for doing what
everyone else does all the time, that's life ;)

> Another one is his initial DOS, which he just bougth and reselled.
> You may of course say that's just buissness, and you are probably right, but
> I still don't like that.

Then you must hate alot of companies, as that happens all the time in
bough software and hardware industries...

> He has done many things, he did just to archive/hold a position of Power.
> I know that I get into the realms of Philosophy here, but I don't like
> (fear?!) people who are ambitious for Power, because Power is always about
> treating other people as inferior, and I truly belive in the equality.

"The main hope for civilization is that people may get together some day
and try it"

PS, guys.. lets not let this get out of hand, ok? i'm not going to
bother responding to this if ~20 people reply... =)

-

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org