How to organize sources

Sami Virtanen iguchi at pcuf.fi
Thu Jan 18 07:48:10 PST 2001

Heyho

On Thu, 18 Jan 2001, Jesse Tie Ten Quee wrote:

> Yo,
>
> On Thu, Jan 18, 2001 at 04:40:54PM +0200, Sami Virtanen wrote:
> > Uh, you guys are uncredibly complicated! 8) Does _everything_ really have
> > to be scripted and sorted and organised and automated and so on... why
> > can't you just use "ls v*" when you are lookin' vi-packages for example?
> > ;P Hehe. Well everyone does have those own little perversions. ;)
>
> Complicated, Eh? you heard nothing yet..
>
> Have you ever seen what a Redhat cd looks like with all there .rpm files
> under one directory, it's disgusting, some basic level of managing your
> tarballs isn't complicated and makes (my life) somewhat easier.
>
> PS, thx for the compliment =)

I haven't heard...? HAH! ;D I have been livin' with RH for over 5 years
and oh, I love that one directory where is everything.rpm I need. :) I'd
rather do a script that parses the output of that directory to look and
feel the way I like the best, than "cd there; cd here; cd idontknowwhere".
Anyhow, now I am too bored to use ready build distros, 'cause those are
much too disordered even for me. ;) I am dumping those and right now
at the moment, building LFS... I wan't _real security_ and that the system
is fuctioning the way I like.

sami

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org