leaving Linux

Fabio Fracassi f.fracassi at gmx.net
Thu Jan 18 07:56:27 PST 2001

On Thursday 18 January 2001 06:21, you wrote:

> I don't understand how so many people can just hate Bill Gates, is
> everyone just jealous? i wonder how many people know what the contract
> was between M$<->IBM, if my Dad did what he did, damn, i would thx him
> alot ;)

Well, I could give you a few reasons why I don't (It takes some more to make
me hate somebody) like Bill Gates.
There are some things that jump immediately spring to my mind,
for example the Contracts ("Knebelvertraege") he did with hardware
distributors, that said If you distribute other software with your PC's you
may not sell M$ anymore, and thus  unfairly subduing competition.

Another one is his initial DOS, which he just bougth and reselled.
You may of course say that's just buissness, and you are probably right, but
I still don't like that.

He has done many things, he did just to archive/hold a position of Power.
I know that I get into the realms of Philosophy here, but I don't like
(fear?!) people who are ambitious for Power, because Power is always about
treating other people as inferior, and I truly belive in the equality.

So much for my OT baballing, just a few sentences said, on a topic, one could
fill books with.

Fabio

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org