Del-Keys

Rudolf Floers r.floers at web.de
Thu Jan 18 18:05:58 PST 2001

On Thu, Jan 18, 2001 at 07:16:03PM +0100, Florian Wilhelm wrote:

> My Del-Keys don't work under LFS. I tried
> to figure out how SuSE Linux sets up these
> keys, but I didn't find out how it works.
> I only know that it has nothing to do with
> keymaps.
> So how can I activate my Del-Keys??
> By the way, my Del-Keys only don't work in Bash,
> konsole and xterm...

bash uses gnu readline, which configuration file is
/etc/inputrc or/and ~/.inputrc.

inspired by Florian's and another mail, i decided to write my own
inputrc. it's the simpliest possible setup, that still works
correctly (at least for me), i could find.
i made separate sections for linux and xterm terminals, because
they are two different terminal systems (with different keymaps,
too).
perhaps we should remove $if term=linux, to make the linux section
the default setup. *shrugs*

comments and suggestions are welcome. :)