Mailing list volume

ken_i_m ken_i_m at elegantinnovations.com
Fri Jan 19 06:03:10 PST 2001

At 12:04 AM 1/19/01 -0500, you wrote:
>I regret to state that I feel disgust opening my mailbox.
>Every day I see more than 100 messages, and at least 60 are not even spam,
>but snotty junk. It wasn't this way before.
>These discussions about "open/not open", "linux/microsoft" stink.
>People participating in these discussions do not have a clue what they're
>talking about. I do have the moral right to say so. They certainly have
>rights to do whatever they want, even to have tatoo "Linux" on their dicks
>instead of learning things, but please, not in my mailbox ...
>Idea : new mailing list lfs-bazaar.

I can only agree about the explosion in volume. If a thread is following a
line of discussion I am not interested in enough to spend time reading it I
move it into my archive unread. I do have a suggestion the may appease
everyone involved and promote LFS in the process. Some good folks have gone
to the effort to set-up the LFS Community website using Slashcode. If the
discussions such Open vs. Closed, Leaving Linux, etc were moved there.
Those who wish to participate can do so in a format that has proven its
value for exactly this type of discussion. In so doing the mailing list
could then tighten it focus to issues more closely related to LFS. I think
it is an everyone wins solution.

My 143 cents of input at the current rate of inflation.

I think, therefore, ken_i_m

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org