About the extra mailinglist

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Jan 19 09:38:32 PST 2001

Ok so we have two lists now:
lfs-discuss: anything that relates to the book
lfs-apps: everything else

As soon as I get my other work done we will have this structure for the lfs
lists:

lfs-discuss : Discuss only matters related to the book.

lfs-problems: If you have problems with your LFS system, use this list. This
includes any compilation problems, getting non-lfs software working and so
forth.

lfs-chatter: Use this list for your threads like the RedHat thread we had.
Have general Linux discussions where LFS is still part of (ie: when you go
and compare LFS with the rest of the world, have fun on this list).

linux: this list will be re-instated again. This is a list for general Linux
discussion that has got nothing to do with LFS at all. Use this for your
open-source threads and more of that

This means that lfs-discuss will become a low-volume list, lfs-problems
medium and lfs-chatter and linux probably (very) high volume, depending on
what is being discussed.

The only difference between the lfs-chatter and linux lists is that linux has
nothing to do with LFS, whereas with lfs-chatter LFS is involved, somehow.

How does this sound? Reasonable enough or would a further break down of the
lists in smaller chunks be more desirable (i may not do that though but I'll
at least consider it).

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org