FW: About the extra mailinglist

Mike Hildebrandt mikehild at insight.org
Fri Jan 19 10:22:13 PST 2001

> From: lfs-discuss-owner at linuxfromscratch.org
> [mailto:lfs-discuss-owner at linuxfromscratch.org]On Behalf Of Gerard
> Beekmans

> > IMHO what might make a bit more sense title-wise is to keep
> "lfs-discuss"
> > and "lfs-problems" as you described, but then leave
> "lfs-apps" running for
> > anything related to installing/configuring applications,
> and everything
> > else that _doesn't_ have to do with installing, configuring, etc. to
> > "lfs-chatter" (or even just plain "chatter").
>
> I don't like that and I know of people who don't like that
> either. There are
> people who just want to hear about LFS and don't care about
> threads like the
> open-source/closed-source threads that's going on. If we put
> everything on a
> 'chatter' list those threads are still mixing with LFS
> threads and we then
> still have the same problem we have on lfs-apps right now, we
> just move it to
> a different list but not solve the problem at hand: the
> seperation of LFS and
> non-LFS.

Then what about having lfs-apps, lfs-chatter, and linux-chatter (or
chatter/non-lfs-chatter/etc)?
Extending your reasoning above for having lfs-chatter and linux as separate
lists, what about people who want to read/ask/respond about installing
package x on their LFS system, but don't care about threads such as  "Should
we advertise LFS", which would be mixed together in the lfs-chatter list if
lfs-apps is shut down.

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org