FW: About the extra mailinglist

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Jan 19 10:43:25 PST 2001

On January 19, 2001 01:38 pm, Steve Hayashi wrote:
> These are the extensions from comp.sys.be (as in BeOS)
> advocacy
> announce
> help
> misc
> programmer
>
> If there are to be new mailing lists, then I move that use two or more of
> these names.  Help and misc are my choices, with announce being a close
> 3rd.

announce already exists.

'help' may be a much better name instead of 'apps' or 'problems'

so we'd have:
lfs-discuss
lfs-help
lfs-chatter (anybody know a better name? misc perhaps?)
linux

and there's also lfs-announce which I use to announce new book releases
(though I may have forgotten to post the release announcement of 2.4.3. Oh
well, mistakes happen :)

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org