Fwd: Re: About the extra mailinglist

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Jan 19 11:51:07 PST 2001

----- Forwarded message from Barry <barry at hartford.uconn.edu> -----

From: Barry <barry at hartford.uconn.edu>
To: lfs-apps at linuxfromscratch.org
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 14:45:56 -0500

"Thomas T. Veldhouse" wrote:

> I think you will find that nobody subscribes to chatter, and perhap linux.
> Thus, when the subject comes up again, it will stay in discuss just as it
> has done this week.
>
> Tom Veldhouse
> veldy at veldy.net

but then you have a way to moderate it...

I understand what gerard is saying and I think that it will make the
lists a little bit better to read.  There's been a lot of off-topic
discussion lately.  Part of the reason is that it's not clear where one
item should go...

I like the chatter idea because it creates kind of a "catch-all" list
where anything goes.  Some people may not subscribe to it, but if an
off-topic message is sent, it can be sent to chatter and the sender can
be notified.

I think many people will subscribe to it, though...

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-apps-request at linuxfromscratch.org

----- End forwarded message -----

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org