FW: About the extra mailinglist

Barry barry at hartford.uconn.edu
Fri Jan 19 11:56:22 PST 2001

Gerard Beekmans wrote:

> > Then what about having lfs-apps, lfs-chatter, and linux-chatter (or
> > chatter/non-lfs-chatter/etc)?
> > Extending your reasoning above for having lfs-chatter and linux as separate
> > lists, what about people who want to read/ask/respond about installing
> > package x on their LFS system, but don't care about threads such as
> > "Should we advertise LFS", which would be mixed together in the lfs-chatter
> > list if lfs-apps is shut down.
>
> lfs-apps is shutdown but in place of it will be lfs-problems (though the more
> i think about that name the less I like it. Perhaps retain the lfs-apps name
> is best in the end).
>
> To repsond to your X/LFS advertisement:
>
> problems with X is for lfs-problems
> Should we advertise LFS is for lfs-chatter.
>
> so if you don't want the LFS advertisement don't subscribe to lfs-chatter. I
> don't see the problem there really.
>
> --
> Gerard Beekmans
> www.linuxfromscratch.org

I just thought of another list... perhaps a moderated list called
lfs-bugs where bug notices can be released...

these would include things like the bad ncurses link in bash, important
patches for glibc 2.2 ... etc...

OK, so these wouldn't be bugs in LFS per-se, but a list where these
announcements could be made would be useful... just a thought :)

also, perhaps a better name for lfs-problems might be... lfs-assistance

too long?

lfs-assist

it's more optimistic :)

btw, sorry for the messages to apps, before... I hadn't read the other
messages about not posting to apps at the time...

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org