FW: About the extra mailinglist

scott thomason scott at industrial-linux.org
Sat Jan 20 14:17:18 PST 2001

I think this whole issue about what topics go on what list, which posts are valuable and which are not, whether to moderate certain lists or not, etc. has already been solved. Use Slashcode (or kin) and let us members serve as moderators. Let lfs-discuss be the wasteland for a while; when you find something interesting either post an article yourself or use Slashcode's ability to let us submit articles to you (and dole out approval responsibility to a handful of people you trust).

This is a more-or-less solved problem domain. You are clubbing the problem with the wrong tool. Eventually, all popular forums either get moderated or turn into a wasteland like usenet; pick your moderating tool if you want to maintain a high S/N ratio.
---scott