Perhaps this does need some more thinking through

Corey Cox sleepnir at usa.net
Sun Jan 21 09:08:22 PST 2001

Jesse Tie Ten Quee <highos at highos.com> wrote:
> "Give a man a fish and he will eat that day, teach a man to fish and he
> will eat for the rest of this life" (uhh, something like that, i don't
> remenber the exact words, someone enlighten me =)

<snip>

> If the users are too lazy todo those simple steps whenever they have a
> problem, i'm more then happy with answering there questions with a URL
> to the FAQ (or somewhere in the mail archives) to point them in the
> right directory, if we honestly don't know the question, then find the
> answer, duh :)

Speaking as a recent (or current) newbie, I agree.  If you don't want to
see continual newbie questions on lists just change your habits in
answering them.  Most newbies when then see a URL or something will say
"Oh, I could have figured that out myself." and then begin to learn how to
do propper research (as I'm just starting to figure out.)

--
Corey Cox.

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org