Perhaps this does need some more thinking through

Michael A. Meffie III meffiem at neo.rr.com
Sun Jan 21 13:13:01 PST 2001

> lfs-book (open) - only directly book related
>
> lfs-bugs (moderated) - bug reports and mention when a fix has been fixed
> (when it goes CVS) - this may be better for a real bug report system in
> the future but until such a system is in place a list will do.
>
> lfs-help (open) - help with whatever you need help with (and advice)
>
> lfs-announce (moderated) - announce new book releases
>
> lfs-misc - The Off-Topic stuff (general chatter) with LFS involved
>
> linux - The Off-Topic stuff (general chatter) without needing to involve LFS

I have been reading this mail list for several months, and at Gerard's
invitation this is my first post.

IMHO, the revised lists names will work well.  I for one was confused
on the name lfs-discuss (if it was to discuss just the book, why not
call it lfs-book:).  Moderated lists will be nice as not to miss an
important update.

Finally, I don't think the linux list is actually needed. There are
many other avenues, such as usenet, for general purpose linux
discussions.

Thanks for LFS!
Michael Meffie

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org