Whats the best source distribution ?

Jack Detrick vze24938 at verizon.net
Sun Jan 21 20:09:47 PST 2001

> What is the "best" source distribution to build LFS from ? (Redhat,
> Mandrake, ... ?)

I throw in my vote for Slackware 7.1 (or 7.0) here.  I've always fallen
back on Slack (heh) when I had to use a distro for whatever reason,
which meant that if ever I was building an LFS system based off of a
distro it was Slack.  I remember _one time_ using Mandrake 7.2 (or was
that 7.1?) with no problems, but I built LFS a boatload of times with
Slack 7.* with absolutely no problems.  My firewall is still running
slack (until I get off my lazy ass and build a nice static LFS sys for
it), AAMOF.

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org