Problem with 2nd chroot when using a script

Dieter Scholz dscholz at reido.de
Tue Jan 23 09:40:53 PST 2001

Hello,

at the moment I'm trying to create a shell script that automates the LFS
build.

Here's my problem (please look at the code):

##### Start code

# startup-script 1
cat > $LFS/root/.bash_profile << "EOF"

# Here are some variable definitions

#Call LFSbuild2 after chroot
/LFSbuild/scripts/general/LFSbuild2
#Logout after bash is created with shared libs
logout
# End /root/.bash_profile
EOF

cd $LFS
#chroot #1 works perfect
chroot $LFS /usr/bin/env -i HOME=/root /bin/bash --login

# startup-script 2
cat > $LFS/root/.bash_profile << "EOF2"
# Begin /root/.bash_profile

#Call LFSbuild2 after chroot
/LFSbuild/scripts/general/LFSbuild3
#Logout after bash is created with shared libs
logout
# End /root/.bash_profile
EOF2

# Copy bash with shared libs to $LFS/bin
mv $LFS/usr/bin/bash $LFS/usr/bin/bashbug $LFS/bin

cd $LFS

# chroot #2 leads to a stopped bash
chroot $LFS /usr/bin/env -i HOME=/root /bin/bash --login

##### End code

When I chroot the 2nd time the bash shell stops (CTRL-Z like). If I type fg
JOBNUMBER then the script continues as it should. If I put the first chroot
in a comment the 2nd chroot does not lead to a stopped bash (so no &
somewhere). Strange ...

If you have an idea, please help me. This seems to be the last problem in my
script. I post it when it is ready.

Dieter

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org