A very old machine

ken_i_m ken_i_m at elegantinnovations.com
Fri Jan 26 05:01:05 PST 2001

At 01:01 AM 1/26/01 +0000, you wrote:
>enough spare cash to buy a couple of network cards, tempting though it is.

I realize that even $40 can be a lot of money depending on one's monetary
situation. Looking at pricewatch.com I see the 3Com ISA NIC for $14 and an
Encore PCI NIC for $5. Order from the same site and  figure on $11
shipping. The local Radio Slack will have a cross-over ethernet cable for $10.

My point is that (here in the US at least) setting up a two node ethernet
is not as expensive as many folks think.

Adding more nodes can be done for the price of the needed NICs, a $30-$40
5-port hub, and cabling.

Have fun :~)

I think, therefore, ken_i_m

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org