gcc installation bootstrap error

Jesse Tie Ten Quee highos at highos.com
Sun Jan 28 08:56:46 PST 2001

Yo,

On Sun, Jan 28, 2001 at 11:41:33AM -0500, Simon Perreault wrote:
> What I do is recompile glibc 2.1.3 on redhat and install it over glibc 2.2.
> Then I compile gcc 2.95.2 as said in the book, in /usr/local/gcc2952 (I
> think). Is there a shorter way to do it? I know this way works 100% of the
> time, but recompiling gcc 3 times and glibc twice is not something most
> people will want to do.

ewww! dude... that seems the most harsh way you could go about it ;)

> Or do you simply need to patch the g++ headers already installed?

I don't know all the details, but as long as yout use kgcc instead of
gcc "2.96" and one or two other things, you will have no problem, and
like i said, it's well documented in the mailing list archives..

/me whom will not touch RH7 with a 10 foot poll...

-

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org