Which distributions are LFS capable, which not

Peter Andrijeczko peter_andrijeczko at ins.com
Sun Jan 28 15:10:36 PST 2001

I just built LFS on Red Hat 6.2 based upon the fact that a buddy of mine managed it on RH6.2 also (I have only just finished the book whereas he has had a working LFS system for some time now.

I did try an initial install with Mandrake 7.2 and had some compiling problems as early as the first bash compile - however, since I just threw Mandrake 7.2 on to build LFS (thinking that if it was the latest it was also the greatest), I went and installed RH6.2.

I am just working through it again on 6.2 as we speak.

Peter