installing lfs onto primary ide with no other os's

asunnymoo asunnymoo at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 30 08:57:27 PST 2001

--- Björn_Lindberg <d95-bli at nada.kth.se> wrote:

> On Tue, 30 Jan 2001, asunnymoo wrote:
>
> > I have installed LFS on an ide drive with nothing else on it.  I would like
> > take that disk and boot from it.  The mini LILO howto gives a fairly simple
> way
> > of doing it.  I was just wondering if there was an even more elegant way
> that
> > someone else may have thought up.
>
> What do you mean? How to boot from an ide-disk with lilo? If that is
> the case then it is fairly simple, but maybe I'm misunderstanding
> you?
>

> Björn

I installed LFS on another disk with nothing else on it.  The distribution that
I created it from does not reside on the same disk.  I want to take the LFS
drive out and put it in another machine.  I would like to boot the machine from
the LFS disk.  I don't want to boot LFS from the same machine that I created it
on(dual boot).  In the mini LILO howto, it explains a way of taking out the
disk you built a distribution on and placing it in another machine.  I was
wondering if anyone knew a more elegant way of doing this.

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org