network config files (Re: Comments on LFS 2.4.4)

Daniel Roethlisberger admin at roe.ch
Tue Jan 30 11:44:59 PST 2001

I've heavily modified most of the init scripts coming with LFS on
my box as well, mainly because I've got this very own idea of
what init scripts should look like.

I've put my network configuration into /etc/net.conf, and I don't
have a /etc/sysconfig directory - I cannot see why I should have
a directory for very few files I can just as well put in a single
networking config file, and the rest directly within the
corresponding scripts. For example the clock settings -- I'll
never have to change these, so why not put it into the clock
script.

I like /etc/sysconfig about as much as SuSE's /etc/rc.config ;-)

Cheers,
Dan

--
   Daniel Roethlisberger