Automated LFS creation

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Jan 30 12:08:26 PST 2001

On January 30, 2001 11:12 am, you wrote:
> On Mon, 29 Jan 2001 15:13:24 -0800 (PST)
> Justin Judd <justin at standmed.com> wrote:
>  I am also using a (very) primitive package
>
> > management script that I adapted from this list.
> >
> > -Justin
>
> Could you post it to the list, please? Someone posted one a few days ago,
> but then a lot of improvements were suggested, is there an unified
> version?
> Gerard, as the ALFS project has became so and it's quite part of the whole
> LFS idea(it has it's own webpage, BTW) could a packaging(not packaging
> actually, files installed, really) system project be started?

Package management is goin to be part of ALFS. Development of it will
commence in a little while. We have other stages to complete first (look at
the roadmap of ALFS for details).

A primitive package management script is attached as I use it. Nothing fancy,
it just works and may not do a great job at it (speed wise) but it works for
me.

www.linuxfromscratch.org