The LFS description needs some work

Christian Gardner cg237 at hermes.cam.ac.uk
Wed Jan 31 19:00:55 PST 2001

> After reading the draft you posted, I decided in an episode of
> momentary insanity to take a stab at myself.

...momentary insanity indeed... I have a friend who's started doing that,
they're giving him something quite strong.

> binaries due to security concerns. There are many reasons why you may want
> a custom build system, but if you are one of them, this book is for meant

If I am one of those reasons? I'd like to be that important.

Cheap shots aside, may I tip my hat to Mr. Beekmans. I finished my first
LFS system yesterday. It takes up 230MB instead of 750MB, loads three
times as fast as RH7, at least, and there's no bullshit in the
initialisation scripts. Mmm, this is where I'm staying... well as soon as
I get X, KDE and some office stuff. Mucho thanks sir. And thanks too for
the strip-debugging tip, that killed about 90 megs.

Christian Gardner

Christian Gardner. E10 New Court, Trinity College, Cambridge CB2 1TQ

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org