New hint admin

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Jul 1 08:12:13 PDT 2001

> Dunno what Gerard has planned, but i think we are going to start to use
> hints-admin@ mailing list alot more, and have multiple people keep track
> of the hints, i'll let him comment on it thou.

I had the same plans but was going to run it by the new admin, whoever
it was going to be.

Perhaps it's in order to rename the hint-admin list so just hints@ or
lfs-hints at . This would be a list only hint maintainers (that means Ian,
me, jesse, fabio for now) are subscribed to so we can coordinate stuff
there, but people can submit to that list their new/updated hints. It'll
be easier to keep track of hints on that list than having to wade
through all the mail on lfs-discuss and lfs-apps. It's easier to miss
something or may take a long time before something is spotted.

Yes, you can post to a list without being subscribed to it, so that may
work.

Then again, it could be an open list so anybody interested in seeing
what hints are floating around can lurk on it. It's up to Ian to decide
on this if he wants it.

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org