link /lib/modules/<vers.>/build

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Jul 1 08:19:47 PDT 2001

On Sun, Jul 01, 2001 at 11:45:57AM +0200, Erika Pacholleck wrote:
> Suggestion request, how to best deal with:
>
> /lib/modules/<vers.>/build -> /usr/src/linux
>
> - we copied asm/ and linux/ to /usr/include
> - we built and installed the kernel
> - possibly saved the configs and docs somewhere
> - there is no need to keep the built dir

You're right. There's no real reason to keep the linux tree around right
now and treat it any differently than we treat other source packages.

The problem though, the kernel docs and config file. There's no official
place to store those. I could think of /usr/share/doc/linux (or
/usr/share/doc/kernel) for the Documentation/* stuff, but how about the
.config file? /usr/share/kernel-config perhaps?

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org