building LFS: my settings

jerry jdinardo at ix.netcom.com
Tue Jul 3 08:35:20 PDT 2001

you will get a drastic performance decrease on actual io but if you are doing
things like using web browsing or games you would probably not notice it.
btw , lately the linux is automatically turning on dma on my machines even
without hdparm and kernel option to auto start dma although you must
still enable dma in krnel.

jpd

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org