feedback on possible ditching of chapter 9

Jesse Tie Ten Quee highos at highos.com
Tue Jul 3 23:51:23 PDT 2001

Yo,

On Tue, Jul 03, 2001 at 01:33:50PM -0400, Steve Hayashi wrote:
> But of course, the decision is ultimately yours, Gerard, and I'll back you
> up on whatever you choose.

Well.. the minute we start adding support for dhcp, maybe we should
start adding support for pppd and PPPoE?

We have always walked a fine line; personally if your that into getting
dhcp mentioned in the book, as there are lfs-hints written for it, why
don't you push for those hints being mentioned? then at least people
know where to look for dhcp support, and Gerard (and other authors)
don't have to maintain it in the book.

This would be the best of both worlds, imo... =)

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org