Hate to delurk this way

Thu Jul 5 06:12:15 PDT 2001

Hello,

> problem is booting.   I run lilo, and other then to complain that /dev/sda
> is not the first disk (I installed from /dev/hda), lilo installs.  But
> when I boot, I get pages and pages of 1010101010101010101010101010101010.

I have seen this before, but the way I fixed it was to make a boot
floppy, or use a distro's boot floppy/cd and pass
root=/dev/whateverlfsrootis to the kernel, which will boot the lfs,
then I just re-unpacked lilo, did a make && make install, and then run
lilo.

The hardest bit is getting the lilo source on there if you didn't leave
the tar on the lfs partition :)

Ian

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org