gcc installed but bash says it doesn't exist

Thu Jul 5 06:23:35 PDT 2001

Hello,

Firstly, please could you get your mail client or your fingers to wrap
at 80 chars. It makes your mails much easier to read and people are
more likely to take the time to read it and help you.

> However, when I try to run gcc, even for gcc --version,
> I get a bash error (bash: /usr/bin/gcc: no such file or directory).
> Gcc does show up in the /usr/bin/gcc directory and I get
> the same error if I call gcc from /home/.

Are you sure that your paths are right?

Did you create .bash_profile?

What happens if you do: /usr/bin/gcc --version ?

Ian

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org