Problem with M4 any siggestions?

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Jul 6 05:01:07 PDT 2001

On Sun, Jul 01, 2001 at 07:10:14PM -0400, Paul Campbell wrote:
> Nope, I'm still lost.  Still can't get M4 to compile.
>
> Do you think there is anything I can try, before I delete the partition and
> start again?

Did we ever check the config.log file that may contain errors encountered
during configure?

Please run configure as you normally would, compile it again and when it
gets stuck again, abort and create a tarball of that m4 directory and
send it to me (not to this list - it'll be too big). I'll then unpack
it, chroot and try to compile it myself and see who's to be blamed. If
it then hangs on my end as well it would seem like a configure time
problem afterall.

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org