Installing the kernel

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Jul 6 05:11:18 PDT 2001

On Mon, Jul 02, 2001 at 04:27:15PM +0100, Mark Hymers wrote:
> I'm waiting for the 2.4.6 kernel to appear before finally doing my "proper"
> (i.e. use it day to day) LFS system.  I was wondering whether it matters
> whether I do the Kernel install in chapter 5 using 2.4.5 as it only appears
> to use the includes and asms from that particular install and I don't think
> they change in a minor fix - do ther?.

They shouldn't no. When you install a new kernel just make sure you
don't copy the new header files to /usr/include/linux|asm unless you're
going to redo Glibc too. Well, you can do it (i know most of us have
been doing it for years and years without problems) and it'll probably
not fail on you. But kernel boys are adament about it that we shouldn't
follow that practice.

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org