What is CVS ?

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Jul 6 06:06:20 PDT 2001

On Fri, Jul 06, 2001 at 02:33:01PM +0200, Bertrand Goareguer wrote:
> I've just seen that there is a CVS version of the book. What does it mean ?
> Is it another version of the book ?

CVS is the bleeding-edge version of the book. As soon as I or any of the
other editors make a change to the book, it's put in CVS (Concurrent
Version(ing) System). It's a central place to store the book in and
everybody in the world can download the latest-greatest version (which
may not result in a proper built LFS system. It's not always bug-free,
usable etc).

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org