Problem with texinfo make

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Jul 6 14:57:30 PDT 2001

> Thank you very much for your quick replay.
> Now that you mention it, I had problems with bash but they were fixed
> (thanks to the mailing list archive) replacing the
> --with-curses with a --with-ncurses configure option. No problems then, if

Right and --with-ncurses doesn't do anything. The option doesn't exist;
it's the same as just not passing it at all. The system will default to
termcap when you don't pass --with-curses (or in your case
--with-ncurses) and thus /usr/lib/libtermcap.a

Btw I meant /usr/lib/libcurses.a instead of /usr/include/libcurses.a.

Ok let's check something else:
run this:
	grep tgetstr -r /usr/include

What is grep's output?