Problem with texinfo make

Iñigo R. Lejarza ilejarza at racsa.co.cr
Fri Jul 6 10:37:22 PDT 2001

Hi, again

> Right and --with-ncurses doesn't do anything. The option doesn't exist;
> it's the same as just not passing it at all. The system will default to
> termcap when you don't pass --with-curses (or in your case
> --with-ncurses) and thus /usr/lib/libtermcap.a

That was why ! Thanks

> Btw I meant /usr/lib/libcurses.a instead of /usr/include/libcurses.a.
>
> Ok let's check something else:
> run this:
> grep tgetstr -r /usr/include
>
> What is grep's output?

MiLinux:~# grep "tgetstr" /usr/include/*
grep: /usr/include/X11: Is a directory
...more directories
/usr/include/term.h:extern char *tgetstr(const char *, char **);
/usr/include/termcap.h:extern char *tgetstr(const char *, char **);

Seeing this, I remembered some messages found in configure.log. I copy
herein one of these (they are all pretty the same):

configure:2837: gcc -o conftest -g -O2   conftest.c  -lterminfo 1>&5
ld: cannot open -lterminfo: No such file or directory
configure: failed program was:
#line 2816 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"

int main() {
#ifdef HAVE_NCURSES_TERMCAP_H
#include <ncurses/termcap.h>
#else
#ifdef HAVE_TERMCAP_H
#include <termcap.h>
#else
#undef PC
char *BC;
char* *UP;
char PC;
short ospeed;
#endif
#endif
return ospeed != 0;

; return 0; }
configure:2837: gcc -o conftest -g -O2   conftest.c  -lterminfo -lncurses
1>&5
ld: cannot open -lterminfo: No such file or directory
configure: failed program was:
#line 2816 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"

That's all. It seems it is related to file termcap.h, but it's well above my
league.

Thaks again.
Iñigo R. Lejarza O.
ilejarza at racsa.co.cr